Enhanced Lifeline and Link-up for Tribal Lands
Enhanced Lifeline is a federal program created by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), designed to help discount telephone and broadband service. As a tribal carrier, the FCC allows a discount up to $34.25 per customer, per month.
- A $24.50 discount for phone service.
- An additional $9.75 discount for broadband service.
Enhanced Lifeline Program terms
- If you do not have broadband service a discount of $24.50 will be applied to your bill.
- Calls placed within Gila River are covered and included under all GRTI call plans.
- Toll charges of 5¢ per minute apply if calling outside of Gila River when you choose Gila River Long Distance as your carrier. Contact your long distance carrier for rates if other than Gila River.
- Enhanced Lifeline does not cover the cost of calling features, call plans or toll charges and are the responsibility of the customer.
- Enhanced Lifeline customers may be disconnected after 60 days of non-payment.
In order to qualify you must participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Program
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needed Families (TTANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start Program (if income eligibility criteria are met)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program
- Qualify under the income guidelines:
- 1 person household = $16,281
- 2 person household = $21,924
- 3 person household = $27,567
- 4 person household = $33,210
- 5 person household = $38,853
- Add $5,643 for each additional person in the home.
When applying using a programs eligibility you will need to provide either:
- Award letter
- Statement of benefits
Qualifying based on income eligibility the following is required:
- Previous years federal tax return
- Current income statement from employer or 3 consecutive paycheck stubs
- Social Security statement of benefits
- The last 3 per-capita check stubs- only IF it is your sole source of income.
Complete a GRTI Enhanced Lifeline application and return it to GRTI. If you need one mailed to you or have questions about Enhanced Lifeline call GRTI Customer Service at (520) 796-3333.
The Elder Concession was created and is funded by GRTI for customers over the age of 55. The Elder Concession Program covers only the basic telephone fees. The Elder Concession Program does not cover additional charges such as: long distance toll, internet charges, or any additional calling features.
- Must be over the age of 55
- Must present ID at time of sign up
How do I apply?
Complete a GRTI Elder Concession Program application and return it to GRTI. If you need one mailed to you or have questions about the Elder Concession Program call GRTI Customer Service at (520) 796-3333.