Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Documents
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help families and households struggling to afford Internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a temporary program and will end when funds run out or six months after the after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency.
Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands.
A one-time discount of $100 for a GRTI laptop with a required co-payment of $50.
How Do I Qualify For the Program?
- Your household is located on qualifying Tribal lands
- Your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines OR any member of your household:
- Qualifies for Lifeline benefits through participation in:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 with a total household income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program, and that provider received FCC approval for its eligibility verification process.
How Do I Apply?
There are three ways to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program.
Fill out the online application at GetEmergencyBroadBand.org
Complete the application and send with proof of eligibility to:
Emergency Broadband Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
In-Person At GRTI
GRTI is here to help! Call GRTI for more information at (520) 796-3333, you will be asked to bring proof of eligibility such as award letters, statement of benefits and most importantly don't forget your ID.